Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Jane Eyre ... Completed

     Whew! I just finished reading Jane Eyre, I know that it took a long time, and I must say that it is an awesome book. I don't even know where to begin. I guess I will begin at the end (is that too corny?).
     I thought the ending was fantastic. I had my doubts as to what the ending was going to be, but luckily for my sanity that Jane Eyre ended as I ... more or less hoped (I will let you all find out for yourselves). Brontë should be applauded for her exceptional work, even more so because it came out in 1847. I have read books from the same era and have hated them. Heck! I have read books from this era and hated them. Charlotte Brontë wrote a captivating (I NEVER use this term lightly) novel that I hated putting down. Now this must be where you all are thinking, "Then why did it take you so long to read?" To which I reply that college life is busy. "Yeah, 'busy' [with air quotes]" you must think. Yes, I am busy with school, not partying like SOME people I know. (actually, I know no partyers. I am part of the nerds.)
      Now that Jane Eyre is read, I will now read  The Game of Thrones. Not because the show just came out, but because it was highly recommended by my supervisor.

If you were wondering, I would say that I was very much talking to myself. Is that a problem? "No it's not Brad. Don't worry about what they think." o.O

No comments:

Post a Comment